MUTARE – The country’s second largest mobile telephone operator NetOne is reaching out to customers that had their accounts affected by dollarisation.
In his speech read on his behalf by acting chief commercial officer Nyaradzai Shoko, the NetOne chief executive officer Lazarus Muchenje at a colourful 23 years commemorations and thank you reception to its customers last Friday, Muchenje said NetOne noted with regret yo its customers affected by dollarisation.
“When the country adopted the multi-currency regime at the beginning of the decade, some of our post paid customers woke up to find themselves owing balances in US dollars and the ensuring legal wrangles damaged your credit ratings,” he said.
“These transgressions, l as the CEO of NetOne apologise. They say the best apology is changed behavior. And to show our sincerity and commitment to building a better future, l am inviting all those who had been blacklisted to reach out to us so that we can settle these matters and have your records repaired,” Muchenje said.
He expressed appreciation to the customers who had been linked to the organization’s services.
“You have stood by us for 23 years. Nearly a quarter century making calls, sending texts, surfing the net, sending money and living life through NetOne products and services. And as long as l steer this ship, you will not been taken for granted,” emphasised Muchenje.
He assured the growing customers that they would experience a transformed NetOne that is dedicated and focused on adding value and delivering expertise.
“Because we appreciate that while we are writing a beautiful story at NetOne, all of you are the ones who make it possible,” said the CEO.
Muchenje explained that NetOne’s roadmap to world class will be based on providing quality network.
He added that his organization will be visible and operational through quality distribution and brand visibility.
“We will also base on quality customer service where problems that arise are resolved quickly,” he said.