Coronavirus: Zim case number 3 patient speaks out


THE third person to test COVID-19 positive in the country, Saul Sakudya has on Saturday bared his soul.
The Ruwa based businessman (with interest in ICT), retraced his experience from the day he developed a slight cough, high body temperature and decided to visit his doctor.
“I travelled from Dubai on March 18 and when I got home, I realised that I was developing a slight cough, high body temperature and sneezing .
“I visited my private doctor who advised me to go to Wilkins (hospital) and when I got there I was tested and went back home.
“I was told results would come out in two days,” Sakudya told local online digital content creator Zimbabwe Television Network.
He further revealed that he received a call from a doctor stationed at Wilkins Hospital advising him that the results had turned out positive.
“When they advised me that I was positive, I was now very sick then and I was ferried to Beatrice Hospital where I was quarantined and received treatment for two nights,” he narrated.
After health authorities traced his contacts, Sakudya’s wife and son were tested positive and duly put in quarantine.
Five of his family members whom he stays with tested negative and were evacuated to his other property in the same neighbourhood.
The devout Apostolic Faith Mission (AFM) church member, Sakudya, urged Zimbabweans to avoid stigmatising victims and to follow the guidelines set by the government to combat the spread of the deadly disease.
“I applaud government for the efforts and lockdown to try and minimise the spread of COVID-19.
“I also urge fellow citizens to desist from stigmatising victims,when they hear you are positive, they think you are moving dead,” he said.
Sakudya and his two family members are in self-isolation at their Ruwa house and practicing guidelines set by World Health Organisation and government.
He revealed that he has been taking an antibiotics drug regime.
“The doctor has been giving me stop pains and antibiotics but unfortunately I did not check the names of the drugs
“I am improving and awaiting more tests to check whether the virus is still in my body,” Sakudya said.
He saluted the support he got from family, friends, church members, frontline workers and City of Harare director of Health services Prosper Chonzi.
Zimbabwe has to date recorded nine COVID-19 positive cases and one death.
President Mnangagwa announced a 21-day lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the pandemic.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here