Apostle Eunor Guti sucked in daughter’s marital wrangle

The wife to ZAOGA Forward in Faith founder Eunor Guti has been sucked into her daughter Ethanim Nyajeka-Guti‘s marital wrangle which has spilled to the courts.

The court heard that Eunor intervened  the impasse between her daughter Ethanim and her husband Lindsay when they fought for custody over their children last month.

It is alleged that on February 6, Ethanim successfully applied for a court order which granted her custody of their two children and only gave her erstwhile husband access on weekends.
On February 23, Lindsay received their two children from Takudzwa Guti, their uncle at Glen-Lorne shops as per mutual agreement.

The court heard that Lindsay was supposed to return the children to their mother on February 24 but did not comply citing that it was an exit weekend so he had travelled out of town and would return the children the following day.

Lindsay then called Tafadzwa, the children’s uncle, to come and collect the children.
Instead of coming alone, he came with a high powered delegation that included one Jewel Tokora and the grandmother Eunor Guti.

The children then screamed and shook their heads in protest refusing to leave their father, the court heard.

After realizing that the children were crying, Lindsay decided not to give them to his in-laws. 

He had to return the children on February 26 via Highlands police.

Inspector Godobi supervised the return of the children as they were handed over to Eunor, the court heard.

The drama was revealed in the matter which Lindsay appeared before a Harare magistrate on Wednesday, facing fresh charges of contempt of court as a result of his actions of extending access to his two children.
The couple are no strangers to the court, Ethanim once dragged  Lindsay to court on domestic violence, possession and use of a firearm, charges believed to have been perpetrated against her after she was accused of cheating with a fellow pastor in the church identified as Gilbery Chadyemhunga.

The matter, however, failed to see the light of day as the State is still to summon him to answer to the charges as the matter was removed from remand last year on the grounds that the docket had been taken to the National Prosecuting Authority for management.

In this latest charge, Lindsay was released on free bail and remanded to March 20 by Harare Magistrate Francis Mapfumo.