You are currently viewing Chinese National Arrested for Molesting 17-Year-Old Mine General Worker
[Image Credit: iStock]

Chinese National Arrested for Molesting 17-Year-Old Mine General Worker

Chinese National Arrested for Molesting 17-Year-Old Mine General Worker

A Chinese national has been arrested for allegedly molesting his 17-year-old general worker at his mine.

Heinous Allegations

The 51-year-old Chinese national appeared before the Gweru Magistrate Courts on allegations of rape. The court heard that on the 15th of November 2022, the Chinese national called his employee, who was working as a general hand, to his office. Upon arriving, he asked her to have sexual intercourse, which she rejected. He then threatened her and went on to molest her on the floor.

ALSO READ: Karoi Man Sentenced to 15 Years for Molesting His Clothes Runner

Shocking Twist

The Chinese national then fired her after committing the offence. The girl, however, did not immediately report the incident to the police. She got home and narrated the story to her mother, but a police report was not made there and then.

ALSO READ: Sanyati Robber Arrested for Stealing a Cellphone from a Drunk

Devastating Consequences

The situation took an even darker turn when the girl gave birth allegedly to a Chinese child the following year. It wasn’t until this year, on the 13th of June, that a police report was finally made, leading to the arrest of the Chinese national.

ALSO READ: Kamativi ZRP Officer in Charge Sentenced Assaulting Female Subordinate

Ongoing Molestation Investigation

The matter has been remanded to the 28th of June 2024, as the authorities continue their investigation. “A police report was made on the 13th of June 2024 leading to the arrest of the accused person,” the NPAZ press statement confirmed.

Bulawayo Trio Arrested for Rail Line Damage

In other news, a Bulawayo trio appeared before the Kadoma Magistrate Courts for damaging the railway line. Maxwell Tinaye Mutyiri, Fungai Mugowa, and Marvelous Dube are said to have cut the railway line signal on the 6th of April around 3 a.m. in the morning. The trio were arrested later that day.